3.06.2011

Half-Diet: Sunday Brunch Edition

Another reason I am not liking this non-dieting thing right now: My will power to choose the Healthy Options at Denny's over Hash Browns and a Chicken Fried Steak is just not there...especially after a week of not eating cheese and soda.

For those looking to diet, I was impressed how Denny's has tried to make an effort in the healthy eating realm. They have a Create Your Own Slam, with the healthy options like whole wheat pancakes, fruit, and turkey bacon highlighted. They will also substitute those healthy sides for free. (Not that I did).

However, it was easier to stick to my 'Eat Half Rule' (however bad the half I ate was). I had half the chicken fried steak, only the charred bit of hash browns, the top of a buttery biscuit, and a few eggs smothered in Tabasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment