3.18.2011

Checking in on my Calories

So It's been four days since I've started using Livestrong.com, and I have to tell you it's a LOT easier than I thought it would be. Any brand name food or chain restaurant is in the system, so I just type in 'Chioptle Steak Salad' and they have it in their system ready to pull up and provide all the nutrition information.

The system used on the site is pretty easy: you enter your age, weight, and height and then let them know your activity level and if you want to gain, keep, or lose weight. I set it up to lose 1.5 lbs a week, and BOOM, my calorie intake is set at 1608.

Each day I enter what I eat online as I eat it, and it has a handy counter letting me know how many calories I have left. They also keep track of your water intake--which I shockingly have not been able to get 100% on yet. 8 oz. of water 8 times a day is 64 oz. You end up going to the restroom a LOT (and that is from me getting up to 5-6 glasses a day). What a challenge.

I haven't explored the site more, but you can enter recipes and find out the calorie intake as well. A nice side-element is that when you work out, you can add those calories burned back to your daily intake. Over the first four days, I've kept under my goal twice and gone over once (Ray's Hell Burger..not in their system, but definitely not healthy.)

So calorie counting is not as bad as I thought. I think I might keep up Livestrong a little longer to see if 1. I can finally make it up to 8 glasses of water a day and 2. what my nutritional intake is on a regular basis.

Tonight I eat out at Restaurant Eve (one of my Top 10 this year) so my calorie intake might spike. I purposely ate a small lunch, so I have 1000 calories to splurge on tonight. See my post about it later this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment