8.29.2010

Restaurant Week
(or Two) Recap

So this is a little late, but I made a last-minute reservation at Zaytinya on Thursday and wanted to eat there before recapping Restaurant Week. Here's what I thought:
Halibut at Vermilion
Vermilion
Really great night out--we opted for the Chef's dinner (four courses) instead of RW's three and it was worth the additional $10. We had a Crab Cake BLT for an appetizer, Halibut with Okra, a delicious Filet, and tasty dessert of chocolate and raspberries. We arrived a little early and had a drink at the bar---and if I go back, I would definitely try out the bar food next. There were some tasty sliders and other appetizers that looked great, and the bar had a really nice lounge to hang out in.

Tallula
Solid. All you have to do is offer an entire menu that includes duck on the menu, and I'm already ecstatic. I've eaten at the gastro pub attached next door, EatBar, many times, which is great but slightly salty overall. I was really happy how much Tallula's menu expanded on EatBar's ideas. I started with some homemade pasta, moved on to the duck, and ended with a cheese plate (my weakness). All amazing. I want to go back and try all their homemade pastas, because that's my weakness.

Mezze at Zaytinya
Zaytinya
This was a last-minute reservation (when our original plans fell through) because Megan and I figured out Zaytinya extended Restaurant Week. THANK YOU. It was such a great meal---five courses of hot, cold, savory, and sweet mezze meals. Megan and I chose two out of the four options for each course, and weren't disappointed in any of the ten dishes we ate (the two lamb dishes stand out even five days later). I know they say not to eat ethnic during RW because it's affordable all the time, but this was a great experience and allowed us to try a wide variety of the restaurant's best dishes. There are almost TOO many choices when you're ordering mezze meals, and this gave me a great introduction to a really tremendous restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment