6.06.2010

Recipe Recap

Thank Goodness for Southern Grits..
It's nearly been one week—and I survived a Southern BBQ fest! Taste of the South was last night, and a pretty good time despite not eating any meat. The Cheese Grits at Kentucky's station were my favorite, and actually one of the favorites of my friends who had all those nice ribs and pulled pork to choose from. There was NO a/c in the Armory building, so we didn't stay long. The Georgia Peach Ice Cream was also tasty.

I'm sure you're wanting to know if I cheated, and while I can't say the baked beans from Tennessee or the BBQ sauce from Alabama wasn't marinated in meat or animal fat, I wasn't going to stress about it. If there were bacon bits on top of the grits, I steered clear, though. I did have one Louisiana oyster (I'm cited Slate here as to why it was okay to eat), but only because 1. there might not be that many Louisiana oysters left in a month, and 2. It was super tasty. Thanks to everyone who voted, even if the majority of you wanted me to succumb to my delicious, delicious weakness...

Veggie Photo Gallery:
Here are a few photos of my Veggie exploits while on the town this week:

Veggie Chili Cheese Fries at Ben's Chili Bowl: Not as tasty as the meat chili, but still great after Jazz in the Garden.


Veggie Personal Pizza from Pizza Hut stand at Mt. Vernon: Still not sure why the Veggie pizza was $4 and the Cheese pizza was $4.50.


Recipes from This Week:
Thanks to everyone who has been sending me recipes this week--please keep them coming! Below are links to the ones I've received so far:

Argentine Chimichurri Sauce
From Dad

 Portobello Mushrooms with Mediterranean Stuffing
From Libby
Shaved Asparagus Pizza
From Megan







What's Next:
Heather sent Libby an Eggplant and Chickpea salad that I want to try--I'll post the recipe and photos tomorrow after I make it tonight! Also up: Creating my own Hummus :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment