9.27.2011

Gym Dinner: Spicy Cashew Chicken

So I've sold my soul and joined a gym, which is great for my health, but sad for my weekday dinners. I use to come home around 6:30, but now it's late and I'm tired and take out is not an option. So I've started collecting a few quick dinners that require fewer ingredients and even less prep, but aren't your typical boring meals: introducing Gym Dinners.

This first recipe was something I've been meaning to try for awhile, taken from my sister's blog, Brioche & Bourbon. It was spicy, filling, and tasty.

Perfectly cooked chicken!
Chipotle Cashew Chicken
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 2-3 chipotles en adobo 
  • 1 Tbl. cilantro- chopped finely 
  • 1 tsp. lime zest 
  • 2 tsp. brown sugar 
  • 2 Tbl. tamari or soy sauce 
  • 2 garlic cloves- finely chopped 
  • 2 Tbl. fat free mayo 
  • 1 tsp. olive oil 
  • 1/2 c. roasted cashews, plus more for garnish
  1.  Preheat oven to 425. Roast cashews on a low heat for 5 minutes until nicely browned. 
  2. Combine all ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor.
  3. In an oven safe pan place the chicken and pat dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. 
  4. Rub the marinade over chicken and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until breasts are plump. Serve with lime wedges.
Side Dish Idea: I bought two small sweet potatoes, and roasted those at the same time as the chicken. Just peel, toss with a little olive oil, brown sugar, and salt, and roast until tender. Add in half a red onion, cut in large slices, to give it extra depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment