8.23.2011

Le Creuset Passes the Earthquake Test!

So we had an 5.9 earthquake here in DC today! While it was a odd 20 seconds, and my feet are still shaking 3 hours later, everyone seemed to come out of this historic event okay, with very little damage or injuries---including my kitchen!

When I came home, it looked at though the only thing in our house that moved at all was my Le Creuset 7 qt. dutch oven. What always rests on top of our fridge was on the floor, and still in one piece:

Exactly where it landed, from the top of the fridge
While it might be luck, I'm still REALLY impressed the pan didn't even crack after it's fall. In a day where my friends and loved ones all came out of an earthquake safely and without injury, it's not the best part of the day, but more like icing on the cake. So happy everyone is safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment