7.10.2011

Keeping A Healthy Eating Schedule: The Plan

In an effort to eat healthier, I've decided to start planning out my weekly meals on Sunday in order to prevent those last minute "I Can't Think of Anything" Fast Food breaks. I've created a separate Google Calender for my work out schedule, listing a work out for EVERY day of the week (including Rest Days), and will add on my menu to the same calender to they can coincide with each other.

While I'm not dieting, or holding to any hard and fast rules, I've come up with a few goals for myself:
  • Less Bread. And when I must, multi-grain if I can
  • No Soda. Water, water, everywhere. I'm so getting to 8 glasses a day
  • More SIDES and SMART SNACKING! More vegetables, fruits, and snacks that aren't a complete waste. 
  • Vary it up a bit. I'm trying to mix my proteins. Fish/Vegetarian/Chicken, all at least once a week.
My goal is to keep it up for at least three weeks and see where we go from there. Hopefully I'll come up with a lot of quick, healthy recipes that can be used over and over again. Plus I now have over a year of Blog recipes to make use of!

Let's see how this goes, shall we? Here's the plan for the week:

Monday
Lunch: Tuna Fish Sandwich with Greek Yogurt/Hard Boiled Egg
Dinner: Mustard Salmon with Eggplant/Chickpea Salad

Tuesday
Lunch: Eggplant/Chickpea Salad leftovers with Hummus
Dinner: Evening Out! Looking for something that includes veggies. Maybe Sweetgreen or a Chioptle Salad

Wednesday
Lunch: Tuna Fish Sandwich with Greek Yogurt/Hard Boiled Egg
Dinner: Stuffed Chicken with Spinach, Feta, and Pine Nuts and Currant Couscous

Thursday
Lunch: Leftover Stuffed Chicken
Dinner: Chicken Breast and Grilled Squash w/Walnut Parsley Pesto, Spinach Salad

Friday
Lunch: Leftovers/Eating Out--depending what's left
Dinner: CHRIS COMES HOME! We're so celebrating with a fun evening out. Will try my best to order the healthy option that comes with less cheese and more veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment