10.13.2010

Food Budget Revisited

So if you've noticed I've kept up my ongoing food budget on my blog to see how I do without the pressure of a month-long project. You've also noticed, I'm not doing very well--already $65 over just 10 days into the month. Right now, I'm spending a lot at Whole Foods--plus two $20 dinners out (which isn't too much of a problem). Looks like I was celebrating a little too much with fancy foods after an entire month of holding back.

I wanted to post this because I wanted to call myself out--and then see how I can fix it. There are three weeks left in October, so that's plenty of time for me to bring more lunches into work, go through my pantry for dinners, and cut down my eating out until I'm back in the green. So here goes--let's see how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. As it's gotten colder I've been buying more sausage- healthy chicken sausages now come in all kinds of delicious flavors. You basically can eat one-combined with some soup, couscous, mashed potatoes or pasta and it's so filling. And you usually have 3 more sausages left to freeze- make into lunch, other dinners, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I like the idea of sausage and couscous, I'm going to have to explore more proteins.

    ReplyDelete